Parts List: MLT Kettle Set
|1||BKM28725||Kettle Bottom Drain - 85L|
|1||EMM18719||False Bottom 447mm|
|1||EMM32544||False Bottom Stand for Bottom Drain Kettle 85L / Short|
|1||MMK1469||Eyebolt with Plate M8|
|1||TAK05002||Butterfly Valve DN40 Tri Clamp With Trigger Handle|
|5||TDK01720||Silicone Gasket Tri Clamp 1.5" ID 38mm|
|7||TDK01731||Tri-Clamp 1.5" Clamp|
|2||TDK17524||Silicone Gasket Tri Clamp 1.5" ID 22.1 mm|
|3||TFK01501||End Cap 1.5" Tri Clamp|
|1||TFK17484||Tee Tri-Clamp 1"|
|1||TFM20640||Sparge Arm Tri-Clamp with Shaft Collar|
|1||TFM20702||Sparge Arm Extension Tube 5 cm|
|1||TFM20703||Sparge Arm Extension Tube 13 cm|
|1||TFM20713||Sparge Arm Extension Tube 21 cm|
|1||TFM20714||Sparge Arm Extension Tube 29 cm|
|1||TFM21868||Sparge Arm Spreader Plate|
|1||TTM21506||Thermowell Set Screw 13,5 cm Tri Clamp|
An 85L mash kettle (MLT=Mash/Lauter Tun) with bottom drain and accessories designed for three kettle, indirectly heated brewing systems (HERMS / RIMS). The mash is pump recirculated during heating through an external heat exchanger. Through recirculation and with an appropriate brew controller you can maintain the temperature of the mash and program your mash schedule.
Upon request we can supply the kit with our butterfly valve with ball handle instead of lever handle, and with EPDM instead of silicone gaskets.
Due to the variety of mounting and connection options, the set is sold without some necessary components. The choice of the brewing stand will affect how you mount the pump and connect it to the system. In the store you will find everything you need to completely assemble your dream brewing system.
Here are some tips to keep in mind when setting up your new brewery:
- You'll need a pump to recirculate the mash, and a valve between the pump outlet and the sparge arm inlet to control the flow rate. The Blichmann Riptide pump has an integrated outlet valve for this. For the MP-15 or other pumps, you will need to add a valve on the output side of the pump.
- It is always easiest to make external connections with silicone tubing and hose barbs. For 85L and 115L sizes I recommend the use of 1" hose barbs and fittings with 19x30 mm silicone tubing. Don't forget hose clamps!
- For recirculation you need access to the bottom port. Kettle leg extensions are required for standard table tops. You can also build an open brew stand or buy one from us.
- Temperature control is necessary. Don't try to manually switch the heating element, it will cause temperature overshooting.
- With an optional EINBREW controller you can set up to 9 mash stages and have your recipe automated by the controller. By recirculating the wort during mashing, you can achieve stable mash temperatures. For an 85L 3-kettle HERMS system you need the EINBREW 3V2P High Power or the EINBREW 3V3P.
See the "frequently bought together" products below for some recommended additions to the set.
For recirculation, you need access to the lower Tri-Clamp port. If you are using a regular table as a brew stand, you can easily do this with the 14 cm leg extensions (sold separately). Please note that 80-90 cm high tables may be too high to comfortably operate the kettle. Alternatively, you can bolt the kettle directly to the floor with our 45 or 65 cm leg extensions and footplates. You can attach the pump to the legs of the kettle with a pump bracket. You can also build your own brew stand or choose a high-quality brew stand from Craft Hardware in the store.
The temperature sensor (not included) should be installed in the thermowell inside the Tee at the inlet of the sparge arm.
Volume level at the top of the false bottom stand = 7.0 L